USB Wi-Fi Drivers
For Ralink RT5572 and related Wi-Fi Chips
MCCI USB drivers for USB Wi-Fi dongles based on MediaTek/Ralink RT5572 and similar chipsets, to make adding Wi-Fi Connectivity to an embedded system as easy as possible. For supported operating systems, our low-level drivers come with a port of the MIT-licensed WPA supplicant, and a simple DHCP server to support walk-up iPhone, iPad, Android, and PC client access.
By using MCCI’s drivers, you can take advantage of inexpensive, pre-certified Wi-Fi adapters, to add Wi-Fi capability to your product without requiring additional regulatory certifications.
- Proof of Concept Projects
- Internet of Things (IoT) products
- Legacy system upgrades to support Wi-Fi connectivity
- Industrial and transportation
- Military applications
- Automotive accessories
High Level Characteristics of the MCCI RT5572 solution:
- Supported USB Wi-Fi chipsets: RT5572 is our main target; on request, we can support RT3180, RT3370, RT3680 and RT5370.
- Reference adapter: SparkLAN WUBR-508N series
- Supported Standards: 802.11g/b standard; 802.11n on request
- Supported Operating systems: Green Hills INTEGRITY OS v11.4.4 and later
- Supported SoC: any SOC with MCCI USB 2.0 or 3.0 host support, including STM32, Microchip, Intel, TI, NXP, etc.
- Supported Security: Open, WPA-2-AES
- Operation modes: Station, Infrastructure, Ad-Hoc (depends on use case)
- Included tools: wpa2 supplicant,
hostapd(for infrastructure mode), simple DHCP server,
iperf2client/server (for throughput testing)
- No file system required
Didn’t find support for your platform or OS? Want to get on with evaluating the software?