USB Wi-Fi Drivers
For RT3xxx/RT5xxx Wi-Fi Chips
Embedded SoCs are abundant today and vary in shape, size, functionality and power. When faced with the challenge of setting up a product proof of concept, engineers often tend to work on SoC starter kits or evaluation boards.
What happens when the product requires Wi-Fi connectivity which is missing from the starter kit?
You probably guessed right… Adding a specialised USB Wi-Fi dongle will do the trick.
MCCI has implemented matching USB drivers for USB Wi-Fi dongles based on MediaTek/Ralink RT3xxx and RT5xxx chipsets to make the experience of adding Wi-Fi Connectivity to an embedded system as off the shelf as possible.
By using MCCI’s drivers, you can take advantage of inexpensive, pre-certified Wi-Fi adapters, to add Wi-Fi capability to your product without requiring additional regulatory certifications.
- Proof of Concept Projects
- Internet of Things (IoT) products
- Legacy system upgrades to support Wi-Fi connectivity
- Military applications
- Medical Devices
- Automotive accessories
High Level Characteristics of the MCCI RT3xxx/RT5xxx solution:
- Supported chipsets: RT3180, RT3370, RT3680, RT5370 802.11n/g/b
- Supported Operating systems: Windows CE 6.0/7.0/8.0, ThreadX, eCos, uCos, Micrium, QNX, Integrity, Velocity, VxWorks, custom OSAL, OS/None
- Supported SoC: STM32Fx, FSL Coldfire, PIC32, Atmel AT91/SAM, Telechips
- Supported Security: Open, WPA, WPA-2-AES, WEP
- Operation modes: Client Mode , Access Point (depends on use case)
Didn’t find support for your platform or OS? Want to get on with evaluating the software?
If you have questions and you can’t wait, feel free to call one of our local sales offices, listed on our contacts page. Be sure to mention that you are contacting us about support for RTxxx Wi-Fi adapters.
For over twenty years we’ve been developing and licensing USB system software to be embedded into our customers’ consumer-electronics products.
Use our contact page to select an office or department to connect with. We will work with you to meet your needs.
Stay up to date with our work and get updates delivered right to your inbox.