The Model 4831 is a compact, attractive programmable outdoor environmental sensor for use with LoRaWAN® technology networks. It works well with The Things Network, Helium. machineQ, Senet, Actility, Chirpstack, and other LoRaWAN 1.0.3 compatible networks. Sigfox support is also available.
The Model 4831 remotely sensing Temperature, Humidity and Ambient Light that transmit data using LoRaWAN technology, powered from USB or two AAA cells.
Specifications and Features
Murata LoRaWAN module CMWX1ZZABZ-078
- Semtech SX1276 LoRa radio
- STM32L082 CPU (Cortex M0+, 32 MHz, 192K flash, 20K RAM)
- High quality RF engineering
- Certified for US and EU
- Compatible with the frequency plans EU868, US915, AU915, AS923, IN865, KR920.
- Temperature: ± 0.4 °C (-40..90 °C)
- Humidity: ±2% typ, ±3.5% max, 0..100% RH @ 25 °C
- Ambient light: illuminance, highly repeatable (< 1% of reading), but not calibrated. 16- or 24-bit dynamic range.
- Powered from primary (disposable) batteries (2 AAA cells, alkaline or lithium LN92 type)
- 30uA current draw during standby
- 1M byte SPI Flash for bulk data storage, future FUOTA firmware storage, etc.
- USB or SWD for download and debug
- Internal whip antenna
- The Model 4831 is based on the MCCI Catena 4618
- Open source hardware and software (https://github.com/mcci-catena)
Shipped ready to use; or develop your own custom applications. MCCI provides a full Arduino board-support package, available here.
ST Micro tools may also be used.
Pricing and Availability
The Model 4831 is available on the MCCI Store; the base price is $99.
Volume discounts and custom variants are available. Sigfox support is also available. Contact MCCI via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) for assistance.